Friday, June 7, 2013

Fun Friday: Rainy Day Projects

Since Tropical Storm Andrea is heading our way, and many if us will be stuck in the house. I found some great DIY projects you can do with the kids or you can do solo.




Tape painting: 
Here is how we did it: – bought a big canvas and sprayed it metalic gold (2 layers) – added a pattern using washi / masking tape – painted the shapes using different colors acrylic paint – gently remove the tape


Kid Fun Project: 





Supplies Used:
Old Cookie Sheet with edges cut off (if you want it to be magnetic…or you could just used an old picture frame.)
Fabric to cover the backing
Mini Clothes Pins (I found mine at a local fabric store, Pacific Fabrics)
Colored Cardstock
Boxes are made out of a Jiffy Cornbread Box cut in half
Hot Glue Gun
Heavy Duty Magnets


If it were up to me, Tacos or some other form of Mexican food would be listed for every night of the week.
Sadly my husband doesn’t agree and appreciates a bit more variety!
So, I sat down and began writing down about 30 meal ideas.
They are color coded in a way that works best for me:
GREEN: Meat Dishes
TAN: Other/Misc.
WHITE: Crock Pot Meals
BLUE: Mexican & Italian Dishes
YELLOW: Easy & Quick

The goal is to not have too many of the same color each week. And to rotate through the stack of recipes before you start using them again.
(However, Tacos will still be eaten weekly in our household! :)


Once a week… I can sit down and plan the meals for the menu.
On the back I’ve written all the ingredients needed to make each meal.
This way, when I go to make my shopping list…It’s pretty quick and painless.


Content Credit: http://sarahpotterphotography.com/diy-menu-board

No comments:

Post a Comment